Wednesday, 13 November 2013

13 Questions with...Marcus Collins

1. Hello Marcus! Last year, you released your debut album, ‘Marcus Collins’, which did really well on the UK charts. Please tell us a bit about what it was like to record your own album.  It was incredible to be able to come off a show like X Factor and go straight in to the recording studio and get my feelings down on record and for so many people to buy it was a dream come true. 

2. What was it like having the album chart in the top 10 of the UK charts? It was an amazing feeling!! I love seeing it on the shelves and I'm very proud of it! I wasn't an established song writer before my own album and I wrote it in under 2 months! I look at it as my diary of emotions from that time. Its funny when I listen back and see how much has changed!

3. Since appearing on The X Factor 2011, how has your life changed? It’s changed in ways that are dream like to me…I was struggling to live and wanting to do music 24/7 and it was very disheartening at times, now I have worked hard and own a wonderful home and have worked alongside and met with some amazing people that have changed and shaped my life and me as a person. 

4. What made you want to play the part of Jack in Derby LIVE’s production of ‘Jack & The Beanstalk’ this Christmas? It genuinely seemed like a laugh and after my run with Hairspray: The Musical it seemed like a good idea! I love theatre! There is always that unknown adrenaline of what could happen with live theatre and I think I've learnt how to read the audience.

5. What’s your favourite thing about being in a pantomime? I don’t know I have never done one yet…haha. 

6. What’s your favourite thing about Christmas? The shopping for others, warm comforting food and drinks, the atmosphere, the rushing around and the build up to the day then being hung-over Xmas day, eating and drinking with those you love! 

7. What has been the highlight of your whole career? Probably writing my album, and performing before royalty. I've done so much I never dreamt I would achieve and I look back smiling and look forward excited.

8. Have you ever been star struck when meeting a celebrity? Yes...first meeting Gary Barlow and Kelly Rowland. That was shockingly scary. Also when I met Lady Gaga that was crazy too, she gave us hair clips hahahah random.

9. If you could invite any 3 celebrities or famous people to dinner, who would they be? Chelsee Healey coz she's one of my good friends and a laugh, Stevie Wonder so I could tick off my bucket list of singing alongside him and Beyoncé because I've met Kelly and Michelle and it would be nice to have the full set. Hahahaha. 

10. Are you planning to release any more music? Yes, I've just signed my second record deal and I'm back in the studio as we speak, working on new acoustic tracks and some music that people wouldn't expect to come from me.

11. How does it feel going back into music? It’s very exciting.

12. 1500 meters of canvas, 30 kilos of glitter, 100 litres of paint, 24 metres of magic silk, 150 beanstalk leaves and a pantomime cow…how would you describe this year’s production of ‘Jack & the Beanstalk’? SPECTACULAR AND ITS GOING TO BE MAGICAL..... 

13. Do you have a message for all of your fans? Thank you for your never-ending support and I will continue to give 110% at everything I do! I love uyou and see you soon x


Book tickets here to see Marcus Collins as Jack in this year's Derby LIVE Christmas pantomime, 'Jack & The Beanstalk', starring alongside EastEnders and Your Face Sounds Familiar star, Cheryl Fergison. Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to make your Christmas special (from Wednesday 4 December 2013 - Thursday 5 January 2013).

No comments:

Post a Comment