Sunday, 15 December 2013

13 Questions With...Cheryl Fergison

Cheryl Fergison to star in this year's Derby LIVE
pantomime production, 'Jack & The Beanstalk'
1. Hey Cheryl! Firstly, you left the role of the wonderful Heather Trott in BBC EastEnders in 2012, how has life after EastEnders treated you?
There is life after EastEnders! I have been very lucky and blessed to have done several great projects since leaving EastEnders and I'm always excited by what could be round the corner! 

2. We’ll miss Heather and no matter what Lauren Branning says, Heather Trott certainly isn't forgot. Do you miss working with the lovely Linda Henry who plays the part of Shirley Carter?

Linda Henry was my partner in crime on Enders and Hev & Shirl were certainly a fantastic duo! I miss working with Linda she is a fantastic actress and a good friend she's like my big sis in real life and actually Steve McFadden (Phil) is like my big brov in real life too we like a good natter on the phone and meeting to catch up .

3. Since leaving EastEnders, you’ve been on ITV Your Face Sounds Familiar – you have an amazing voice. What was it like being a part of that show?

YFSF was a brilliant show to be involved in, very scary doing live shows on prime time ITV Sat nights, but great fun, great people and a fantastic team all round. Singing and becoming some of my music heroes was a dream. I think a lot of the public enjoyed seeing another side of Cheryl Fergison they perhaps didn't know existed!

4. Would you ever release your own music in the future?

I would love for people to hear music I have written. I would love to produce a CD. Simon Cowell are you reading this???? Lol.
Cheryl Fergison & Marcus Collins.
(Derby LIVE)

5. You will be playing the Fairy in Derby LIVE’s production of ‘Jack & The Beanstalk’ this Christmas. What made you want to appear on stage and play the part of the Fairy in Jack & The Beanstalk and how did this role appeal to you?

I am looking forward to coming to Derby this year and playing to audiences at the Assembly Rooms. Jack and the Beanstalk is this years panto and I will be flying around as "Spirit of the Beans" (she doesn't like to be called a fairy allegedly LOL). This is my first time playing to audiences in Derby and once I met up with the panto producer PHA (Paul Holman) and his fantastic enthusiastic team of people I knew it was gonna be fun times ahead. I'm under no illusion Panto is very hard work! But with a great cast and backstage / front of house theatre team it will be an amazing show and an amazing Christmas in Derby! 

6. What’s your favourite thing about Christmas?

I love entertaining the crowds at Christmas. They want to be there to have fun, join in, and if you can make someone smile then that is what it's all about. (Unless you’re the Villain then I'm sure there have been a few tears from scared little ones!!)

7. What is your favourite thing about being in a pantomime?

Being involved in a Panto is a team effort I love working in a team and to me that is when the best work is done. It is a great feeling no matter what part you play from cast member to box office sales assistants that the show is up and running and audiences come out having had a great fun live theatre experience.

8. 1500 meters of canvas, 30 kilos of glitter, 100 litres of paint, 24 metres of magic silk, 150 beanstalk leaves and a pantomime cow…how would you describe this year’s production of ‘Jack & The Beanstalk’?

I wouldn't even try to describe what is involved in our Panto all I ask is you come along and see for yourself we don't want to spoil any surprises now do we!!!!

9. If you could invite any 3 celebrities or famous people to dinner, who would they be?

If I could invite three famous guests for dinner (alive or dead) it would have to be.... John Lennon, Al Pachino & Paul O’Grady. (I know Paul and he is always the best company to be in) 

10. What has been the highlight of your whole career?

Like I have said I have been very blessed to have had a very varied successful career so far and God willing it will continue. There have been many highlights from playing Heather in EastEnders, working with the Royal Shakespeare company, singing at the Royal Albert Hall and the O2, to doing all my charity work that is everything from winning Weakest Link and Pointless to the latest Children in Need sketch / video with Harry Hill and gang. To be honest with you I try to make everything I do at the time my main achievement in life.

11. If you could work alongside any other actor or actress, who would they be and why?

I would love to be in a film with someone like Ben Stiller ... Yep that would be fun. 

12. Do you have any advice for aspiring actors?

Cheryl FergIson -
Your Face Soundsa Familiar 2013 (ITV
)
My advice for anyone who wants to become an actor is be prepared for more knock backs and rejections than you would care to want, but if you are still determined to follow your ambitions and have patience and work hard, then keep going and you will get what you want eventually - you have to work hard it doesn't come to you...and it feels so much better and rewarding when you know you have earned it.

13. Do you have a message for all your fans? 
Do I have a message for all my fans? Well to start of with a thank you so much for all your support during my career. It is a very humbling experience for people to take an interest in my life and without these people and their support I'm sure I would not be where I am today so once again thank you!!

Thanks to Cheryl for taking part in my interview, I look forward to seeing the show on press night.

Follow @cherylfergison1 on Twitter for updates on her events in Derby this Christmas!


Merry Christmas!

1 comment: