Tuesday, 15 July 2014

13 Questions with...Brandi Cyrus


Brandi Cyrus: My Summer Style




She's a talented musician, an on-air host and a TV personality. She recently launched her street style blog, Style Native! It's a site where you can see all the latest fashion tips and styles and learn where to buy them. As well as that, you can also see some other exciting projects that she's been up to including her music career and various press articles. Aside from her career and her fashion interests, she has a passion for animals and horse riding! I talked to her all about her interests, Style Native and more. Here are 13 Questions with...Brandi Cyrus!

1. Hello Brandi! You recently launched Style Native. Please tell us a bit about the website. 
Brandi: I created Style Native to be my home for all my different projects! The focus of it is a newly launched street style fashion blog, but you can also find my band's music, my interview footage from SPIN and FUSE, and you can also shop my favorite products as well as stuff from my own closet. 

2. What influenced you to launch Style Native?
Brandi: I've always loved having a unique edgy style, and being in a band really showed me how much branding and styling plays a part in the music and entertainment industry. I started learning so much and getting more involved, that I wanted a way to share more style tips with my fans and followers. To me clothes are not about materialism, but about showing the world your personality! What you wear can affect how others see you and also how you feel about yourself, so your style should be a direct reflection of who you are! I hope to encourage that attitude in others. 

Brandi at the
American Music Awards 2013.
3. You have an amazing sense of fashion. Whenever we see you (from walking a red carpet to wearing an everyday outfit), you look amazing! Where do you shop for your outfits? 
Brandi: I always love shopping for vintage t-shirts because they're my favorite thing in my closet! I'm such a tomboy. But lately my go-to stores have been NastyGal, Reformation, Miista for shoes, ASOS, and I loveee to window shop at Saint Laurent! I'm not very designer obsessed, but I like YSL because the clothes are edgy! Even the formal wear. 


4. Last year, you did a clothing collaboration with Jacqueline Rezak in her 'Rad + Refined' line. How did it feel to be able to do this?
Brandi: I loved collaborating with Jacqueline! She's a good friend of mine, and since she's been doing this for a while I really learned a lot from her about the fashion industry. There is a LOT that goes into a clothing line...I mean A LOT! But it's an amazing process and I hope to do more of it!

5. Do you have any top tips or summer fashion advice?
Brandi: Well this summer seems to be all about Birkenstocks, that's for sure! I finally broke down and got a pair. At first I just couldn't help but remember wearing them in middle school when I had TERRIBLE style! But they really are a huge trend right now. Other summer must haves this year are pastels, backpacks, choker necklaces, halter tops, and small structured bags. The 90's are making a serious comeback right now! 

Photo by LANE TORAN.
6. As well as a love for fashion, your other interests include animals and horse riding! Please tell us about your pets and also what inspired you to become an equestrian. 
Brandi: My Dad taught me how to ride a horse when I was 6 years old. I have loved it ever since, and it's the one thing that I'm really, really good at. It's also the one thing that I do entirely for fun and because I love it. The horse I have right now is a Thoroughbred/Warmblood cross mare that I'm training. She's very young, but so smart and sweet! Her name is Ever, which is short for Everlasting. I've always grown up with dogs, and about four years ago I rescued a precious German Shepherd that I named Feather. She's my very best friend in the whole world. 

7. Recently, you also launched the 'Seriously Cyrus' YouTube channel! Please tell us a bit about the show and also, what influenced you to set up this channel. 
Brandi: The channel was actually my mom's idea, and I had just starting hosting and doing a lot of on-camera work so it made perfect sense for me to start a YouTube series. A style segment was the obvious choice since that's what I'm breaking into right now! 

8. Would you like to come and visit the UK to see your British fans? We would sure love to see you!
Brandi: I absolutely would! I've been to London several times with my sister, but I'm due for a trip! I haven't been in a few years. Hopefully I will get the chance sooner rather than later. I love London! (especially the TopShop at Oxford Circus! It's always my first stop!)

9. Who inspired you to become the woman you are today?
Brandi: I think it's safe to say many, many people have inspired who I am. My family first and foremost. Both of my parents are a huge influence to me in countless ways. All of my siblings influence me in their own way as well. We're all very close and I wouldn't trade that for anything. I've also been fortunate enough to have many, many wonderful friends in my life. The older you get the harder it is to find exceptional friends, so I make sure to keep people around me that inspire me to be the best version of myself I can be. I like having people around me that breed goodness and positivity. 

10. If you could invite three celebrities or famous people to a dinner party, who would they be and why? 
Brandi: I could probably answer this question in a million ways! But since we are talking fashion so much, I'm going to go ahead and say Mary Kate Olsen, Alison Mosshart, and Alexa Chung. The first two you obviously know are style icons of mine, but Alexa is inspiring to me because of her career. She is doing or has done everything I'm wanting to do and she's really made a name for herself. I'd love to pick her brain on how she got where she is and get to know more about her journey. 

Brandi Cyrus - Rad + Refined Clothing.
11. Do you have any upcoming projects lined up?
Brandi: As of now I'm really focused on building Style Native. I'll also be covering some fun events this year and content will be on my site and socials! 

12. You've had some wonderful opportunities and have achieved great things! What has been the highlight of your whole career? 
Brandi: I really have been able to do some amazing things and see some amazing places. I'm so thankful for that, and I only hope to do and see more! I cannot pick just one... but there are some standouts. Mostly music related, since that's what I've mostly done until now. Making the Frank + Derol record is definitely one of them. Not a lot of people get to do that with a label behind them [and] a team of great producers. Holding a copy of our EP in my hands was a huge deal. On Miley's first real tour, I played guitar every night on a song with her and my Dad. It was called "Ready, Set, Don't Go" and to get to play on such a huge stage with my family was such a great experience. Lastly... I really loved getting to interview Motley Crue this year for FUSE. I listened to them a lot growing up, my mom is a huge fan, and I got to talk with them for thirty minutes about their final tour as a band. That was a cool moment! 

13. What do you think of the Bangerz Tour? I saw Miley again when she returned to the UK this year and I loved it! 
Brandi: I think the Bangerz show is Miley's best yet. I went out for a week of the US dates, and she KILLED it every single night. She is having so much fun, just being herself and giving it everything she's got. I'm so proud of her for accomplishing everything that she has. Not only does she have that insanely killer voice and put on an amazing performance every night, but she is the brains behind the whole operation. She is so creative and smart about her brand and knows exactly what she wants. Miley is one of a kind, and I can't wait to see what she does next. 

Photo by LANLE LE.

Brandi is possibly the most stylish person ever. Don't forget to visit Style Native for all the latest fashion tips and advice from Brandi herself. You can also shop for items and accessories that Brandi likes to wear. Follow her on Twitter @theBrandiCyrus, 'like' Brandi on Facebook and take a look at her BuzzNet page here! Thank you to Brandi for the amazing interview!

Thank you for reading!

- Adam!





No comments:

Post a Comment