1. Hi Taylor! Earlier this charted at #1 on The Official UK Rock Album Chart and in the top ten on the Official Top 40 Albums Chart. That's such an amazing achievement! What do you think of your UK support?
Taylor: The fans in the UK have been a huge inspiration to the band. The first time we played London was in a sweaty club for 200 people, and now we're doing [the O2 Academy] Brixton, we can't wait. Most of my favourite bands come from there so it's always magical to come back. I've been to the UK six times this year already, I've considered moving there on multiple occasions.
2. What was the inspiration for the album 'Going To Hell'?
Taylor: Everything and nothing. Inspiration comes when it comes. About half way through the record a theme started to develop, but it all happens on it's own. We went through a lot of shit while making this record, and in the end I think we came out with the most honest piece of work we've done to date. It's rock and roll, it is whatever it wants to be.
3. So you're bringing the 'Going To Hell Tour' back to the UK this November! What's it like for you being back on the road and touring again?
Taylor: Lots and lots and lots of travel, but the shows make it all worth it. We're ending this run in the UK so we're going all out, it's gonna get mad.
4. What do you feel is the BEST thing about touring?
Taylor: Playing is by far the greatest thing. My band and crew are like family, so having the chance to spend time with them is great, but it all comes down to the show. When the lights go down and it's time to play there's no feeling like it, it's like sex on crack.
5. What are your favourite tracks to perform on tour and why?
Taylor: I love playing all the songs, obviously I look forward to playing new material, that's always the best part. There's no real favourites because they're all my favourite.
6. After the tour, what do you hope to do next?
Taylor: We'll be touring through next summer, in between will be more videos, starting to record some new material, and hopefully an acoustic version of our record Going to Hell which is in the works.
7. You're an amazing performer and you clearly enjoy making music, having written your first song at 8 years old! Where did your love for music first begin?
Taylor: The Beatles. My father had a large classic rock vinyl collection and as soon as I heard strawberry fields I was hooked, probably around 5 or 6 years old.
8. You're very creative when it comes to your music videos! What is your favourite video and what was the filming process like?
Taylor: Right now, I'm proud of Heaven Knows, I wrote the treatment and co-directed the video. There's a lot of metaphor going on and we worked very hard on it, I think it stands out.
9. You are a style icon and have an amazing sense of fashion. Where do you like to shop for your outfits?
Taylor: I'm a vintage/thrift shop girl. I just find random things and put them together or just make it myself.
10. If you could invite any three celebrities or famous people to a dinner party, who would they be?
Taylor: Katt Williams, Larry David and Archer (the cartoon character)...would be a pretty funny dinner.
11. You've had an amazing career and have achieved many great things. What has been the highlight of your whole career?
Taylor: Definitely our record 'Going to Hell'. We didn't even think it would come out let alone be liked, it's definitely the thing I'm most proud of.
12. Who inspired you to be the woman you are today?
Taylor: Again I'd say the Beatles basically set me on a course, and that's why you're talking with me today.
13. Finally, do you have a message for your fans?
Taylor: Come see a show and rock your asses off.
If you haven't already, get your tickets to see The Pretty Reckless on their 8-date nationwide tour in the UK this November! Their latest album Going To Hell is out now. Don't forget to follow Taylor on Twitter for updates as she tours the UK!
Have a Happy Halloween.
Thanks for reading